Be faithful to your own taste because nothing you really like is ever out of style.
Billy Baldwin


Innovation is often the ability to reach into the past and bring back what is good, what is beautiful, what is useful, what is lasting.
Sister Parish

16 December 2009

Send me a Card...Pop it in an Envelope!


Victoria and Albert Museum


I live my life surgically attached to an email box. I think at last count I have 7 email addresses that actually get used, you can get dizzy hopping from one to the other and sometimes I forget which box I am in. Strange life for someone who loves all things paper. I still have the very first birthday, holiday and Valentine cards I ever received. I have cards from so many who are no longer with me but I have their notes and their love in an envelope forever, can't get that with an email!


Victoria and Albert


True,there are some fun e-card sites-Do visit Ojolie, Jacquie Lawson and someecards-quick, easy and a good way to say "Hi I'm thinking of you"...but remember you cannot put an e-card on a mantle!
Paper Source



I know Hallmark has the monopoly but go for the art of the card.

MOMAPaper Source



Feeling creative...make your own special cards Paper Source has great ideas and all the tools from wonderful paper stock
stickers,die-cut punchesstamps

envelope liners, pens, embossing plates...


I adore Letterpress, hand printed on antique presses like these from Museum Facsimiles












Cards are one of my favorite parts of the holidays and I start my holiday card search in July...there are so many fun, inspired, elegant, charming and wonderful options. So what is so difficult about signing your name with a gorgeous pen, licking an envelope and placing a fun stamp and dropping it in a mailbox-remember those?? You may just remember how nice it feels to write full length sentences again... MOMA







Art Institute Chicago





Here are some more favorites all from one of the best sources- MOMA's Museum Shop--- you are doing a good thing by supporting a wonderful museum and you get fabulous cards that say "I thought about you" too! You will notice a theme... I am crazy for Pop-Ups ...Have fun and go write a card!




















The Blue and White Life